23.11.06

thanksgiving

The Thanksgiving Menu:
Breakfast:
French Bread with Cranberry Butter, Yogurt Cheese (both Homemade) and Honey.
Clementines.
Coffee.


Cooking Snack:
Roasted and Spiced Acorn Squash Seeds.
Granny Smith Apple.

What We Listened to While Cooking:
Pet Sounds,
The Beach Boys
Music of My Mind, Stevie Wonder

Main Course:
Acorn Squash with Wild Mushrooms, Potatoes, Goat Cheese, Rice and Spinach.
Contorni:
Green Beans, Grilled with Radicchio and Garlic.
Rustic French Bread Stuffing, with Rosemary and Thyme.


Dessert:

Apple Pie, hand made by john.

Accompanied by:
the Nouveau Beaujolais (2006, of course). slightly chilled.



pictures to follow.

2 comments:

Artist-Tim said...

That apple pie looks yummie! There is nothing like a fresh apple pie both to my tummie and to my nose. The baking pie filles the home with that apple-cinnamon fragrance that reminds me of a warm and cozy atmosphere. Please plan to cook one while your are here in December. We can eat it with coffee.

When I took Noah fishing the water was cold. You know how cold it is at the Norfork River in Arkansas. Really cold.
I bought Noah some fingerless gloves that have velcro on mitton covers for the fingers. He was so proud of those golves. He kept his on all day, even when it was hot. We wore our fingerless golves together all day. Noah really liked that. But, I think he likes skipping rocks better than fishing. I went to the White River today for 3.5 hours, and caught lots of fish, but I also brought back some good skipping rocks for Noah.

john/laura said...

we will make an apple pie when we're in memphis. we have to find a new crust recipe, though, because this crust was not as good as it could've been.


all about our milkshakes

My photo
we like to go the park, play, go to crema for treats, and to have fun.