18.7.06

Our Trip to Ann Arbor



These are my friends: Dave and Erica Grimm-Choberka, and their daughter Ellie. I've been friends with Dave since high school. He's working on a Ph.D. in German Studies at the University of Michigan. Erica has a degree in botany, and has taught science at a Steiner high school for the past three years. Dave and Erica have been married for ten years now, and Ellie will turn two in September.

Ellie is already quite talkative. She loves to push carts around the house. Last Halloween she went as a skunk.



We couldn't resist trying on the costume ourselves.







Ann Arbor is a nice town. We couldn't escape hell fire and damnation, however.

4 comments:

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

hellfire and damnation seem to be everywhere these days. make sure you dress in cool, loose-fitting clothes.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

You look cute in the skunk outfit but what's this about hellfire and damnation...my eyes aren't good enough to read the sign. Glad you had fun in Ann Arbor anyway...Maybe God is trying to tell yu something...Prayers may make a more significant meaning than just psychologically...

john/laura said...

Somehow, I think that if God were trying to talk to us, he would have chosen a somewhat more compelling form than a lunatic standing on a soapbox ranting about hell, but maybe that's being too generous.

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Dad says to be sure to have a cooler of your favorite beverage along with you....\

I did click on the picture after I talked to you today, Laura and saw what you were talking about...I think you are probably right...that one wasn't an answer to my prayers....


all about our milkshakes

My photo
we like to go the park, play, go to crema for treats, and to have fun.