4.9.06

juice




i am fascinated with the look of fruits and vegetables.
i like to look at the textures, lines, shapes, colours.
especially against the grain of a cutting board or the kitchen table.

In the first picture, I used a flash. In the second picture, I didn't. In the second picture, the vegetables strike me as being lonely, even though that's a strange thing to attribute to vegetables. It is the late afternoon dwindling sunlight that does it, I think.

The yellow vegetable on the board is a golden beet. The veins going through it look like someone's trigonometry homework. Graphing the cosign of the golden beet's wavy veins.


These vegetables made golden orange juice.
Black cat likes to sit at the table while I work.

2 comments:

Tammie's Thoughts said...

You are so artistic! Even your photos of fruits and vegetables are pretty! Maybe you need to be looking at a career where you can use your artistic abilities...and maybe the framing gallery is just the place to start! Good luck with your interview!

We had a fun day today in Corinth with everybody. Daddy took Tracy up in the plane and flew him over his house and his school. He was so excited because he had never flown before. Diana was going to let him ride back to the house in her car with the top down. He was giggling and saying this was the best day of his whole life!

Sorry you weren't able to be there with us. Shannon Mitchell is getting married on September 16 if we can lure you down here for her wedding.
Love you lots!

Artist-Tim said...

Your veggie arrangements are very interesting. I especially like the color and texture varieties. You have a very artistic intuition. Sunday I saw the photo you sent grandmother of the bracelet stack in Florence, Italy. That is the neatest photo, and I wish you could exhibit it with my art league, but you took it too long ago.
The juice looks good to drink.
Tammie got up and walked this morning, can you believe it. I hope she keeps it up. I think she feels better due to her acupuncture/asian medicine.


all about our milkshakes

My photo
we like to go the park, play, go to crema for treats, and to have fun.